Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Iglesia de Cerro Grande

Just made some modifications to my Church. I removed the deformed top and replaced it with a better dome. I was lucky enough to find a discarded plastic Easter egg. What I did was drill a hole in the top where the cross would be fitted eventually. I then covered the egg half with masking tape and three coats of spackle. Once the spackle was dry enough I sanded down the high spots and found I need to drill the hole larger. The cross is made from 1/4" balsa and notched on either side. I also used a pencil sharpener to round out the bottom so it would fit snugly into the egg. Once everything was glued in place I primed black and repainted this piece. I decided to change the color of the cross so it would stand out. As you can see in the second picture the top is removed and reveals a dice tower. I just need to buy a bell to go into the tower and this will be all set.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Christopher said...

I'd definitely check out craft stores for that bell.

Nice work.

Chris Gallant

David Kufner said...

Hey, Chris I didn't even notice anyone was making comments. They have some cheap ones on Ebay as resources here suck.

 
hit
Click for hit counter code.