Saturday, January 19, 2013

Howdy Y'all. Well I've been busy with going back to college but I have been working on some wargaming stuff. A big project, my Late Romans for Impetus & Saga and a large piece of terrain. I am also working on Death Star tiles for the X-Wing game. I will be jumping back on my Vikings once the late romans are finished. I will also have my gladiators in the que as well as some Saga Normans from ebob.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Next up is a rather simple project that took very little time but turned out well. It is a power generator for shields or remote stations etc. This is made from two Hubba Bubba gum strip packages and two bits from my bit box. I may add some decals at a later time but she is ok for now.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I have dusted off some old figs and have been painting them. I am surprised with the 8th Edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle that the Bretonnians have not received a new Army book since 2003. I used earthy tones for the archers along with blue and off white for them as this will be the same colors on their command flag. I am repainting and painting my army with just a couple of colors. Some units will be Blue & White, some Red & white and a few others Red & Blue. I scratch built the archer stakes with balsa strips, skewers, and plastic card to the bottom of the balsa wood to add a bit of strength. Once I get my hands on 10 metal squire archers I will make two more stake bases. I am going to attempt to build some braziers from scratch.

FIW Indians & Pallisade

I haven't blogged in a while and I haven't gamed in a bit either. I have just recently finished 18 Conquest Miniatures woodland indians. I scratch built the pallisade from skewers and balsa wood. I did it in sections and learned stuff along the way. I wish I had built the gate first but oh well. It does open and close. I may add a firing step eventually but for it is good. The nice thing about the pallisade is that I can use it for ancients up to the wild west. Let me know what you all think.

Sunday, August 14, 2011


I have several viking shields on my work bench. I have commandeered the decals from my Revell Viking ship and am in the process of applying them to various shields. I will continue to work on this warband. I have just unbased my celts as the base job was horrific. I will rebase them on 3/4 inch washers like my Vikings and then put magnets on them. I want to make them available for skirmishing and for Impetus rules. I'll post some pics when I get more done.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Vikings WIP

Painted some vikings up the night before for a test play of Strandhogg rules for our up coming campaign. I still need to paint their scabbards and finish their shields but not a bad start. Only 32 more to go.



Sunday, July 31, 2011

Saxon Church Complete

I'm calling this project done. I really need to start painting my Vikings. It has some touch ups needed but I will work that into my painting schedule. I have added a fresco to the wall above the entrance door. All the windows have stained glass mounted inside them. The big pulpit window has a nicely detailed stained glass. As always let me know how she looks.


Click for hit counter code.