Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have finished my "Quarmy"

It has been a long road but I have finished painting 99% of my Quar Royalists. All I have left is two heavy weapons and one arm that got left off of one model.

At first, I was a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude of the task as I had to glue all of their heads and back packs on which turned out to be a rather fidly affair. I think the high humidity also played a part in them taking a while to set and the complete lack of zip kicker also slowed me down. I also had a few casualties from them falling over and losing their heads. I mounted them all on 25mm slotta bases stolen from other models. I think they came out rather nice for my little army of proto-aardvarks.

Future plans include buying a Spanish revolution era tank and truck for support. I want put a field kitchen together on a trailer. I have plans for an observation balloon as well.


Sky view downwards on the "men"


Front view of the army.

Next up on the painting table is more Sons of Kronos for Chronopia.


painted army said...

The Quarmy looks great, Dave!
I still haven't finished my 'Cold Ones' but the primer is on. One of these days I will get to the paint.

David Kufner said...

Thanks, I think it took less time to paint than to assemble. lol.

Click for hit counter code.